Monday, September 26, 2011

Ode to Autumn

In an effort to offset the unnerving reality that its 150-degrees outside on September 26, I have compiled an exhaustive list of all the things I love about fall...

Cornstalks
Hayrides
The cool, crisp air
Political lawnsigns
Vermont
New York City
Central Park (how you tore your dress... what a mess... I confess...)
Its dark again by five o'clock
High school football
Corn mazes
Orchards
New England foliage
Real maple syrup
New TV shows
Apples
Apple crisp
Apple cider
Apple cider donuts
Apple pie
(Hell, even Apple Jacks)
Drinking a pint of Blue Moon at a rustic old pub
Playoff baseball
The World Series
The inevitable Yankees Victory Parade!
Tractor-pulls
The plethora of traditional New England fairs
Driving around the reservoir
Pumpkins
Pumpkin pie
Pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin beer
Barry Manilow's "Weekend in New England" (please don't judge me)
Our wedding anniversary
My birthday
Election Day
UConn Dairy Bar ice cream
Falling leaves blowing in the wind
Breaking out my winter jackets
Kettle corn
Watching my kids dress-up for Halloween
The smell of pot roast when I come from work
Lighting my fireplace for the first time in months
Wearing jeans
Cloudy skies
And of course: Thanksgiving.

(insert audible sigh)... I feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment